cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown Host error when calling subflow

CrossBound
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fairly simple UCCX script that is supposed to call a subflow. I'm using the UCCX editor to actively debug the script. When it gets to the step where it is supposed to call the subflow it throws a script exception with the text:

Uknown host: host.docker.internal; nested exception is:
java.net.UnknownHostException: host.docker.internal; nested exception is:
java.rmi.UnknownHostException: Unknown host: host.docker.internal; nested exception is:
java.net.UnknownHostException: host.docker.internal

I've tested on a different computer and it works fine, the subflow is called with no error. I do have docker installed on my computer but I'm unsure how/why it would be interfering with a subflow call. I use docker for completely different development work so I don't want to uninstall it. The script also works fine when uploaded to the CCX server and executed through the triggering application. It only seems to give this exception when debugging on my workstation.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

1 Reply 1

Alexander Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @CrossBound,

I'd like to see the script (or what parts you can share) as it may help others to debug it.

Why UCCX is using Docker, and if it should be, I do not know.

I see on the StackOverflow question you posted you are working off of a Win 10 workstation. Well, I found a similar Issue with multiple suggested fixes but, oddly enough, it is found in the Docker for-mac GitHub repo. Now this win/mac discrepancy may be less important in this case as host.docker.internal is a new all-encompassing alias which replaces aliases like docker.for.mac.localhost, docker.for.mac.internal, docker.for.win.localhost and docker.for.win.internal

host.docker.internal does not resolve properly #2965

https://github.com/docker/for-mac/issues/2965

Hopefully, one of these fixes will work for you!