cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use ICM script to transfer to voicemail

Chuck Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to transfer someone directly into a voicemail box from an ICM script?

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, create new VM profile, like to mask XXXX, create cti route point in CCM somthing like 1111XXXX set forward all to voice mail, and apply that profile. Associate this CTI RP with your ctiuser.

In ICM script simply use set ptoperties step and set one of the periphial variables to "concatenate("1111",Call.DialedNumberString)", link it to a label(dynamic) step which is set to "Call.PeripheralVariableX"

That shuld do it

Chris

Don't forget to rate all posts

Ironically this is the first thing I tried. I already have an access code to access express transfer to VM. It is *1XXXX. When I use the label it gives me these 6 beeps then hangs up. I can see in the ICM that the script goes to the label node but that’s where the error takes place. If I point the label to an extension it routes fine.

What happens when you dial *1XXXX -valid subscriber. It seems like a CSS/partition issue on CCM. Does the cti port's that redirects CSS have the *1XXXX cti RT partion listed?

I checked the CCS and at this time there are no CSS on either the CTI port from the ICM or the ExpressVM transfer.

It seams that if I do a Transroute to VRU before doing the express transfer to voicemail I get the 6 beeps but if I do not Transroute the call it works fine and goes to voicemail. Is there a way to release the TransRoute?

OK next question. Is there a way to set the DialedNumberString variable to something other than what the caller called in on? Like if someone dialed the DNIS 5000 but I wanted it to appear as 6000 for Unity.

Do you use IVR in your environemt, if no there is no need to Transroute.

2nd question, you can use translation pattern on the CCM to accomplish this. Translate 5000 to 6000. The ICM does not send the call directly to Unity, it goes thru CCM so this will do it.

Chris

The problem ended up being that the IVR did not like the *. I changed the access code to something without the * and it worked. Thanks for the help.