Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Call Transfer (Consult?) to Call One Person, Then Another - Help

Jonohue
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you guys please assist in me checking on how to transfer a call from one full phone number to the other?

I am redoing one of our UCCX Scripts for our menus, and it looks like the call redirect for option 2 that was initially in place is working, but I can't quite seem to figure this out.

The original setup was to transfer calls from option 2 to "benefits" at 18206 - however, the request that is in right now is to take any calls that go from option 2 at the Benefits menu which lands ultimately in a mailbox called "Leave and Disability" - the ask is to take this configuration, and then set it up so it goes directly to one person at their phone number, and if the first person doesn't pick that up, the call goes to the second person.

Can somebody please assist in determining the best way to go about this?

The first script and the script that I just tried to use are attached.

It's a bit difficult as this is being performed remote and I do not have steady physical access to the people / phones associated with this ask.

The script named Benefits_20210517TestCopyINC0052212 is before any changes are made, the original, unadultered verison of the script.

The other script is the one that I've tweaked in effort to make this happen.

Any help / advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jonohue

1 Reply 1

I've not looked at your script, but what you're describing is first a telephony problem. You need to create a hunt group with the members you want the call to reach. The hunt group can be a blast group (ring all) or how you've described. After that is setup, test it by calling it directly. Once that works, use that number to put that in the script.

david