cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CUWLs on CCX agents?

art.lacie
Level 1
Level 1

We have 10 CUWL licenses left over from the 25 promo bundle. Are we able to plant them on 10 CCX seats, so we don’t have to purchase extra licenses for CCX? I believe they would normally require Enhanced UCLs with the 8851 models.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUWL does not give you any CCX licenses, there is bundle that may give you some free (i.e. 5) CCX licenses, but these are standard.  If you need Enhanced or Premium beyond that you need to purchase actual CCX licenses.

I should have been clearer - we do have the ccx seat licenses in the order as well.  It is my understanding they would also need a UCL Enh license to go along with as they are using 8800 series phones. Instead of ordering more UCL Enhhanced, can we plant the leftover CUWLs on those seats or do they only require CCX seats licenses and not tandem UCL/CUWL?

CCX licenses have nothing to do with CUCM licenses (CUWL, UCL).  UCCX is separate and sounds like you have those covered, as those are simple 1 license for each concurrently logged in agent/supervisor.

UCL Enhanced Plus vs. Enhanced different only with how many phones a user can have assigned to him/her. Enhanced =1, Enhanced Plus =2, and CUWL =10.

Thanks so much for answering my questions.

So there is no need to apply any licenses to CCX agents, other than the ccx seats (CCX Enh)?

In future, if we need to purchase extra CCX seats - we simply buy the seat, and that is all that's required?

Will agents have the ability to chat/IM with each other and the supervisors (as it seems to have been removed since the finesse upgrade)?

Maybe I need to ask - If I have 10 agents, what exactly do they require licensing-wise? Currently I have 10 ccx enh seats purchased (5 in a bundle, and 5 extra), and it would be nice if they could IM each other. This assumes they will be using 8800 series phones, if that has any impact.

you are correct on the CCX licenses, you would need CUCM licenses if you don't have enough to cover the additional phones.

Correct, there is no built in chat out of the box in Finesse, not sure if that is on the roadmap, perhaps the position is to use IMP/Jabber.

CUCM licenses provide no charge IMP capabilities via Jabber.

Okay. I think that's pretty clear - but to be certain I want to follow up with these more focused thoughts.

I have 20 casual employees that could be a CCX agent.

If I have 10 ccx enhanced seats, any 10 of my employees can be active/logged in per shift. They do not require CUWL or UCL licensing, simply a CCX Enh seat.

If I want them to use an IM or have Voicemail, I will need to give them a UCL (and Unity) or a CUWL license.

I currently have ten CUWLs left over which can only apply to 10 people. If I want the other 10 concurrent users to have the same, I would need to buy 10 more CUWL or UCL(+Unity).

In the back end/admin I will have logins created for all 20 users, of which only 10 can be used at one time. This will enable me to have agent names in my reports vs. agent 1, 2 ,3 etc.

You are still confusing CUCM vs CCX licenses.  You need both, CCX license for concurrently logged in agents, and UCL/CUWL to license the phones registered to CUCM.

For voicemail you need either CUWL (as CUWL gives you messaging license) or separate voicemail license as UCL does not include voicemail license.

IM is free, however if you want soft phone capabilities via Jabber you need to define CSF, etc device on CUCM for it which means possibly more CUCM licenses or upgrade from enhanced to enhanced plus.

Again, CCX is concurrently logged in, CUWL/UCL/voicemail are named users.

It's totally possible I am completely confused! :) with all the reading I've done and scanning through data sheets, it seems it always loops back on itself with a different question - which is how I ended up here. I appreciate you patience.

I understand that CUWL and UCL+Unity will pretty much give me similar things, but does not allow for the same number of device usage –that’s fine.

We have purchased a 25 CUWL bundle pack for the office.

• From that pack there are 10 left over.
  • Aside from that, we also have 10 CCX ENH seats purchased for the call-in center.
  • We do not anticipate more than 10 agents working simultaneously. But we have shifts, therefore 10 morning, and 10 evening.
    • 10 CCX seats will cover 20 people (we have a total of 20 casual call-in center staff), as long as there are only 10 people logged in, correct?
    • Do we still need to add on UCL Enhanced for the CCX phones? If so, can we just use our leftover CUWLs to save cost?
      • If yes, can we tweak the included Jabber as a per station use (Workstation 1, workstation 2, etc)?

Thanks.

• 10 CCX seats will cover 20 people (we have a total of 20 casual call-in center staff), as long as there are only 10 people logged in, correct?
  • >> Correct 
  • Do we still need to add on UCL Enhanced for the CCX phones? If so, can we just use our leftover CUWLs to save cost?
  • >> No if you already have 25