Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using oracle functions in uccx scripting

I have integrated oracle db with the UCCX 10.5. I want to use the oracle functions from the sql statement in the DB read step of the uccx scripting. Please adivise if any ony has used this and the procedure to use this.

Example..

select * from Ivr_employee_table where emp_no = $empno and ivrPin = encriptedpin($strPin)

In the above statement empno and strpin are the variables in uccx script and encriptedpin() is the oracle function.

When i use this in DBread step, i am getting error variable strPin) is not defined.

I have already defined strPin variable in the script.

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

did you try writing

encryptedpin( $strPin ) 

notice the whitespace before and after the $strPin variable.

Also, is there a way to have yet another user defined function that would let you do the following:

SELECT * FROM ivr_employee_table WHERE emp_no = $empno and unencryptedpin(ivrPin) = $strPin

it's not elegant but it might work, of course if unencrypting PIN's is allowed.

Also, you may try to fire two SQL commands, first take the encrypted value of that PIN and the second would be your query.

G.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

did you try writing

encryptedpin( $strPin ) 

notice the whitespace before and after the $strPin variable.

Also, is there a way to have yet another user defined function that would let you do the following:

SELECT * FROM ivr_employee_table WHERE emp_no = $empno and unencryptedpin(ivrPin) = $strPin

it's not elegant but it might work, of course if unencrypting PIN's is allowed.

Also, you may try to fire two SQL commands, first take the encrypted value of that PIN and the second would be your query.

G.

Thank you Very much Mr. Gergely!

With white space the function was accepted and it worked nicely.