cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using SNMP Logging to monitor IVR applications

Ron Nelson
Level 5
Level 5

We've changed our internal monitoring solutioon to a monitor log files.  Our new enterprise solution cannot read the constantly open acitivty_log**.txt files because they don't close until the next day when we roll the file over. I'm looking at setting up SNMP logging for each of our applications. Currently we monitor for things like error.badfetch, error.badfetch.http404, error.asr.unavailable etc.  I don't see how I can configure the errors that go to the logger.  As I understand SNMP logging, we would set up our alerts on the backend or the NSM according to the cisco docs and filter out what we don't want to see.

Can anyone share some examples of what errors I would see with SNMP logging? I'm trying to see if this is a viable solution before I get too far in to the setup.

Thanks for the help

2 Replies 2

hemal.mehta
Level 5
Level 5

You can always have a batch job that copies the activity log somewhere else and you can have your monitoring solution scan that log. It will be static at any given point. Of course you do not want to be copying this every minute. You could do so every half hr or 1 hr. There will be some delay and it will not be completely real time.

Hemal

Hemal- Thanks for the response, this is our current plan.  We'd like to see this not become the long term solution.