Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WFM Installation PostInstall.exe failed

Hi guys,

I'm new to WFM installation, I'm runing right now PostInstall and I'm facing an issue in the first step,

I have done with the SQL account configuration for creating the database, I've assigned the db_creator and db_sysadmin roles to the user  but after filling the IP Address, instant Name, username and password for WFM, then I'm getting the bellow error,

Could not execute data for step Create WFM DB:

Could not create Reports database.

Could not create database.

Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect

Connection refused connect

My WFM version is 8.5(2) and my firewall is disabled.

Attached the postinstall log file.

Any advises?

Thanks

Naoufal

2 Replies 2

tsuntken
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same error.. did everything listed above. Tried with hostname also, same result. I did install the WFM SR2 also. I even tried it with "sa" creds and failed also. Not sure what else to try...

I also logged into SQL with my WFMUser and verified it could created DBs.

Any insight anyone could give would be appreciated

Thanks!

Tom

tsuntken
Level 1
Level 1

I found the resolution to the issue. TCP was not enabled in SQL Server 2008 R2. FYI, there was nothing in the Cisco Installation guides about needing to manually enable it. 

It is explained in this link in the “Protocols for MSSQLServer” section…

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/walzenbach/archive/2010/04/14/how-to-enable-remote-connections-in-sql-server-2008.aspx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: