cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 2012 Windows firewall settings .

Daar All,

We are running on  windows 2012 servers . we followed UCCE check list .

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/116092-vmware-deploy-cklst-ucce-00.html#anc11

Windows firewall  service is up and running  . What about Windows Firewall with Advanced Security should be "OFF"  or “ON “ ( As of now we made it OFF )

But windows Administrator ask us to enable the "Domain Profile" "Private Profile" "Public Profile is Active"

Please let me know what is the recommendation .

Thanks & Regards,

S. Ram 

Regards,
Ram.S
3 Replies 3

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Ramamoorthy,

Windows Firewall and Advanced Services both are set to Off. The servers is in production.

PFA snap for reference.

thanks 

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh

Yes , few customers windows firewall service is up and running and Windows Firewall with Advanced Security should be "OFF" "Domain Profile" "Private Profile" "Public Profile is OFF"  

One of the customer want to enable Windows Firewall with Advanced Security .  Windows administrators asking the proof from cisco  why we need to off .

I am not able to find any settings from cisco guide .  

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi S Ram,

Usually, I follow the method to disable Firewall feature on Windows System and it have caused communication blockage during deployment scenarios.

Post deployment I donot allow for Securtiy Hardening. I have faced Tomcat issues, application installation error as well.

I understand you are not getting answer what you are looking for.

thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai