cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA Expiry

girrep
Level 1
Level 1

The CCNA certification is theoretically valid for 3 years. But is it the case in the real world. What I mean is, if I have have an "expired" CCNA cert, will employers view it as worthless or do they not care whether or not it is expired?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

hi @girrep its completely depends on the company. some companies need active certifications (for such as cisco partners specially) some companies needs knowledge only (but ccna certified). also you can do CCNP directly without CCNA now. if you plans.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

Martin L
VIP
VIP

no, I would not worry about "expired" CCNA cert.  it still considered despite of it being expired. it also depends on your networking knowledge and memory. I mean you will be ok if u still remember CCNA level stuff.  You can put "expired" or "retired" next to your cert on your Resume.

Most importantly (significantly) expired or not counts for CCIE and CCDE level of certs. Those who employed valid CCIEs have special "gold" partners statues and privileges, which give you benefits when dealing with Cisco sells and service people. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

shaiksh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi @girrep its completely depends on the company. some companies need active certifications (for such as cisco partners specially) some companies needs knowledge only (but ccna certified). also you can do CCNP directly without CCNA now. if you plans.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Martin L
VIP
VIP

no, I would not worry about "expired" CCNA cert.  it still considered despite of it being expired. it also depends on your networking knowledge and memory. I mean you will be ok if u still remember CCNA level stuff.  You can put "expired" or "retired" next to your cert on your Resume.

Most importantly (significantly) expired or not counts for CCIE and CCDE level of certs. Those who employed valid CCIEs have special "gold" partners statues and privileges, which give you benefits when dealing with Cisco sells and service people. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: