cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

93180YC-EX - ISSU with FEX

luke.brooker1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - i have a VPC pair of 93180YC-EX (operating in NXOS mode) that I would like to ISSU upgrade. I found this document; 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/upgrade/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7x_c...

Which seems to indicate that on this platform, ISSU is not supported when running these features;

Straight-through and dual-homed FEX, segment routing, and Tetration

So, as far as i know the options for connecting a FEX to a Nexus are Straight through or Dual-homed, and neither of these options are allowed if you want to do a ISSU upgrade. So basically, you can't do a ISSU upgrade on 93180YC-EX platform if you have any FEX connected, is that correct ??

Among the warnings is get from this command;

show install all impact nxos bootflash:nxos.7.0.3.I7.9.bin non-disruptive

!

Service "fex" in vdc 1: Non disruptive ISSU with fex is not supported in this platform.
(modified the impact to <Hitful> for module <1>)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @luke.brooker1 

That is correct. If you have a FEX connected, ISSU is not supported. The message you received on the show install impact command is a confirmation of that.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @luke.brooker1 

That is correct. If you have a FEX connected, ISSU is not supported. The message you received on the show install impact command is a confirmation of that.

Stay safe,

Sergiu