cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 9000v vSwitch

mpanganiban
Level 1
Level 1

Running a lab environment at home with VMWare ESXi 6.5. I have a pair of Nexus 9000v (9.2.4) that is up and running with basic configs from the startup. I am able to SSH to each 9000v fine via mgmt 0. I've created 5 x vSwitch for each port to basically establish a connection between each 9000v. For now I've virtually connected port e1/1 on switch 1 to e1/1 to switch 2 and configured a simple trunk port. The problem is I am unable to get any communication. The vSwitch is set to promiscuous mode to accept and I've set to accept all VLANS.  Any assistance on this is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Thanks for the link. With some trial and error, I nailed it down to the security settings on the vSwitch. 

I created vSwitch to do a one to one connection to port e1/1 on VM1 to e1/1 on VM2. 

The link you referenced states "The vSwitch mapping to data port interface is required to have Promiscuous Mode as the Accept mode in order to pass traffic between VMs." 

However, I had to check 2 other options then just promiscuous mode. Once I did, I was able to see CDP neighbors and create my peer link and keepalive 

I also checked the following:

MAC address changes

Forged transmits

Sure good process. keep us updated any further asistance required.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card