Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3K Upgrade and ISSU

asinghi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

I am upgrading nexus 3k by running install all command and have put "show lacp issu-imapct" as pre-check. The issue is show lacp issu-imapct is giving me some ports which are not issu ready which means I have to either disable lacp fast on the other end or shut down the port before going for upgrade.

What I want to know, if I can remove the command show lacp issu-impact from the upgrade process and run "install all " only to upgrade the switch since 3K doesn't actually supports ISSU in terms of downtime.

#nexus3k #3172 #3048 #issu #ISSU

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

iam not a fan of ISSU, it has some drawbacks i have seen before.

my traditionla way approach below :

1) Save configuration before starting.
2) Check there is enough space on devices
3) Copy over firmware to the bootflash, both kickstart firmware and system files.
copy to disk copy kickstart.bin bootflash:
copy to disk copy orginal.bin bootflash:
install all kickstart kickstart.bin system orginal.bin
4) Once the secondary responds to pings again, logon and check that the secondary nexus has come back up with the right firmware
Checking that vPC (protocol used for the network resilience), is up correctly by doing a show vPC, before upgrading the primary.
5) Repeat process for Primary device

checks
==========
show vPC
show version

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: