Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 vPC, mgmt and console port

as00001111
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

we are using two Nexus 5548 that are in a vPC Domain. For the vPC keep-alives, we are using the mgmt0 interfaces.

My question could seem to be weird, but what happens when I connect with a console cable to the console port.

Is the mgmt0 interface and the console interface the same cli?

Could I interrupt the vPC keep-alives of the mgmt0 interface if I send commands to the cli over the console port?

2 Replies 2

ADP_89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do not worry about that, console and mgmt use two different set of chips and processe. Using the console port will not stop any operation (keepalive, management) on the mgmt0.

On the other side, stopping keepalives is not disruptive. The keepalive should always be up as it will help in the case of a peer reload or crash. But if you loose the keepalive for a few minutes while the environment is stable and converged it will not create any problems. Just a log message.

HTH,

ADP

lovsharm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ahh, It will not impact anything. 

MGMT port is separately bind to management vrf and you can use both according to your requirement.

console basically gives to access to whole box and management does the same. but both are two like two ladder for one roof.

Lovkesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: