Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9300 DFA support

csco10387876
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I am wondering if the Nexus 9300 could be used in a DFA enabled network, the goal being that if you need to deploy new leaf/distribution switches you can make your way from DFA to ACI with a phased approach.

Regards,

Luc Robalo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

micturne
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Luc,

I received the following reply to your question:

"If the customer is already down the DFA road a DFA enabled fabric could act as the L2 transport for remote virtual and physical leafs connected to an ACI fabric as a service automation block.  The diagram below shows the topology, the same would work on any L2 infrastructure (including DFA.)  I would not steer someone down the ‘both’ path unless they were already well down the road.  Instead they could leave the Nexus network as is and simply add ACI in the same manner."

n9k diagram.jpg

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

micturne
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Luc,

I received the following reply to your question:

"If the customer is already down the DFA road a DFA enabled fabric could act as the L2 transport for remote virtual and physical leafs connected to an ACI fabric as a service automation block.  The diagram below shows the topology, the same would work on any L2 infrastructure (including DFA.)  I would not steer someone down the ‘both’ path unless they were already well down the road.  Instead they could leave the Nexus network as is and simply add ACI in the same manner."

n9k diagram.jpg

csco10387876
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the quick reply, this is more or less what I expected.

any idea(s) how this might work in a multi-data center facility ?

Perhaps one with remote clients locations as well ?

Documentation generally only has single site.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: