Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Supply for IE2000 Dual

vieiramarcilo8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Do the two DC inputs of a Cisco IE2000 have to be connected to the same power supply? Despite the fact that this is not fully redundant, I see from a previous employee's response (copied below) that DC-A and DC-B are inputs to two separate internal power supplies. As a result, I believe connecting the same external power supply to both DC-A and DC-B would still provide some level of redundancy... Please accept my thanks for your response.
In other words, there are two separate power supplies.
Single-source or dual-source power can be used to power the switch. It is the higher voltage power source that draws power from both power sources when both are operational. During a power outage, the switch remains powered by the other power source.
Connect each power supply to an independent source of power in systems configured with redundant power. You might experience total power failure if you fail to do this due to a fault in the external wiring or a trip in the circuit breaker.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you connecting 2 separate source - that give you redundancy for the source power.

if IE has only 1 PSU, that fails no redundancy, you only get advanced - 2 PSU in the device and 2 power different sources to get maximum availability.

it's all a business decision to make a decision to go with a single PSU or Dual PSU.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

oscarnancy789
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Should Cisco IE2000's DC inputs be connected to the same power supply? Although this isn't totally redundant, I can see from a previous employee's response (copied below) that DC-A and DC-B are inputs to different power supplies. Due to this, I believe connecting the same power supply to DC-A and DC-B would still provide some level of redundancy... Thank you for your response.
Therefore, there are two separate power supplies.
Switches can be powered by single-source or dual-source power. When both power sources are operational, it draws power from both sources. In the event of a power outage, the switch continues to be powered by the other power source.
In redundant power systems, each power supply should be connected to an independent power source. A fault in the external wiring or a tripped circuit breaker could result in total power failure if you fail to do this.