Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to ping the SVI over VxLan DCI EVPN Multisite solution

Hi, we are implementing a VxLan EVPN Multisite solution using BGWs between two sites and integrating them with the already
existing nexus 9k legacy-core switches in the environment. Between the BGW and legacy-Core, it is
just a classical ethernet domain with VPC and allowing vlans. The DCI is layer2 port with a SVI peering over eBGP. 

Everything seems to be configured properly. I see the nve interface up, eBGP dci underlay is working, evpn peering is up, Vxlan routes are exchanged in the bgp l2vpn evpn table.

On Site1-bgw1, I see the mac-address of Site2-vlan10 learnt over interface nve1 and vice versa on Site2-bgw1, but the cores do not see the mac-address of vlan 10 of the other site. I cannot ping the other site svi/vlan 10. Seems like the BGWs are not sending the mac-address over the VPC Po.
For beverity in the attached diagram, I am only showing single device in each site, but they are actually dual devices.

any suggestions why I cannot ping 10.10.10.2 from site1-core1 and 10.10.10.1 from site2-core1?

2 Replies 2

rohandec1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sandev

what was the issue, i am having the same problem.

Regards

Rohan

Hi DCI needs to be a layer 3 routed port. 
Peering over SVI is not supported!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card