cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vPC between nexus 93180 and ASR1002

Seth Beauchamp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a vPC between a 93180 and an ASR1002 that im not sure is configured correctly. From the nexus switches I see that the port-channel members are in the I (individual) state and show lacp counter shows no received PDUs. It seems to be functional, but shouldn't i see lacp PDUs? Does "spanning-tree bpduguard enable" block lacp PDUs as well?

My nexus port channel configurations:

interface port-channel4
switchport
switchport mode trunk
spanning-tree port type edge trunk
spanning-tree bpduguard enable
no lacp suspend-individual
vpc 4

interface Ethernet1/3
switchport
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 4 mode active
no shutdown

My ASR1002 port channel configuration:

interface Port-channel4
no ip address
end

interface TenGigabitEthernet0/1/2
no ip address
cdp enable
channel-group 4

Not shown here, but I have a sub interface on the port channel on the AS1002 side with an IP on it. I can ping across and BGP comes up with another device.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we need to have both the side config to look along with show etherchannel summary, show port-chann summary from nexus

or try 

channel-group 4 mode on - both the sides.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

have you enabled lacp in the Nxos?

Also on the asr I can see no dot1q or switchport interfaces so the PC won’t establish as a trunk

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: