cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence API (BOSH/CAXL vs CUCM/REST)

steven.smith
Level 1
Level 1

We are developing a web application that will show all of our company users along with their web presence.  This will be used by around 100 users concurrently.  However, the users are also logged in to the Jabber client.  Since I dont want to use their individual jabber credentials to log in (I believe this will conflict with the jabber client login), I am using a generic account.  However, it seems that I can only have one active session that is listening to subscribed user events, etc via CAXL.  (As soon as another browser window logs in to the generic account, the previous connection no longer receives presence updates)

Am I going about this the wrong way?  If I use the Presence Web Services (REST) does it get around this restriction?  (Feel free to say "hey dummy, you have the cart before the horse, you should be doing <something better>!")

1 Reply 1

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steven,

Cisco provide the Cisco AJAX XMPP Library (CAXL) as a JavaScript based XMPP client library that allows developers to build web applications which utilize the BOSH interface.

Did you had chance to refer the following document - https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/f4a5c1d3-e8c9-4a5c-ac6c-c68dedaa8f9f

Request to post any further questions related to the topic under Jabber  community.

Adding the reply from Joe - Presence API (BOSH/CAXL vs CUCM/REST)

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese