Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring on no answer Configuration

fazilchida23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a few questions related to RONA configuration settings.

I have read few documents and i found the it should be configure at three places, one in CM then in CVP opsconsole then in Agent desk setting in ICM configuration manager.

Currently in my setup it has configure 20sec in all the three places.

if customer requested to increase the time from 20 to 30 sec, which all places i need to change. it will be in CUCM or CVP or Agent desksettings.

And also can any one explain me below timer and how does it works. ?thanks in advance.

Agent Desktop < CVP Invite Timeout < Cisco Unified Communications Manager CFW
Example: 10 seconds  < 12 secs <  20 seconds CFW

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Fazil Chida

16 Replies 16

Fazil,

I would definitely not recommend setting this timeout to the same value in all 3 places. The Agent Desktop timeout should always be set to a couple seconds less than the CVP timeout, to ensure that Agents are always set to Not Ready in the case that a RONA (Redirect On No Answer) occurs. The CVP timeout needs to be a couple seconds less than the CUCM timeout, so that CUCM does not forward the call to another phone or to voicemail before CVP takes back the call.

If 30 seconds is the target time that your customer requests, I would set the following:

Agent Desk Settings: 28 seconds

CVP: 30 seconds

CUCM: 32 seconds

The CVP setting is what determines when the call is taken back for requery in ICM.

Just out of curiosity, why would your customer want to increase this time so high? I usually find that callers who hear more than 3-4 rings will be more likely to hang up than to wait for something else to happen... 18 seconds is the highest I ever set the CVP timeout value, and I've set it as low as 12 seconds for some of my call center sites.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Untitled.jpg

Hi Jameson,

Thanks

Reason is they want to give some time to agent to answer the next call.

Also i have some doubt in report. Please find the attachment, in which the Max wait time will be 21 mins.

Can you please explain me how this happens and how its been calculated. And one more thing in Script if agents are busy or talking to other customer, other caller will be looping in the queue untill the agent gets ready. This seems to be very wired. out of 23 calls 22 are answered and 1 got abandoned and the max wait time is 21 mins. Can you help understanding in this.

Is there anyway to find out which call got abandoned on that time.? in which report we can able to find out.

Thanks in Advance.

Fazil,

There's probably an issue with the way your report is built... "Max Wait Time" is not a standard field in any stock report I've seen. It looks like an impossible value in this case - You have 22 answered calls in that interval with an average wait time of 18 seconds - that's a total of 6 minutes 36 seconds.

There are a couple places you could look for more information. The Call Type Interval reporting may be able to give more info, depending on what your buckets are set as. The definitive place to look though would be the Termination_Call_Detail table in the HDS. There are no stock reports built for this, so you would likely have to build your own or run a manual query in SQL Management Studio.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson,

Actually i have checked in TCD table as well, and i found one call was waited in Queue for 1249 secs that is 20.8 mins.

And while is verified the script, i can see the call is keep on looping untill agents get free. This would be the reason of it.
and i couldnt find any issue with reports.

Is that possible we can set RONA in below values.

Agent Desk setting - 20

CVP - 25

CUCM - 20 .

Fazil,

Do not set the CUCM value shorter than the CVP value, or you will get many errors. If you are setting ADS to 20 and CVP to 25, I would set CUCM to at least 26 or higher.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson,

We have set this values in production, and we didnt find any issues still. I'm getting worried on this in future what all problem we will face. So for that reason want to know what kind of error we will be getting if we set like this.?

cause i need to explain to my team on this.

And also its a cisco recommended ? to have a values like this ADS - 20 CVP 25 and CUCM 26 ?

Fazil,

If the Agent ACD DNs to not have a forward no answer target, that should be sufficient regardless of the timer setting in CUCM. The main concern here is to make sure the agent's phone is not forwarding the unanswered call to another destination. As CVP is involved, you should be making sure that CVP is responsible for all routing decisions.

The CVP Config and Admin Guide has a good overview of configuration for Re-route On No Answer. In the 8.5 guide it starts on page 392.

The only Cisco recommendation I've seen is that the ADS setting needs to be shorter than the CVP setting. It does not specify how much shorter, but I typically just make it 2 seconds shorter. I have not seen mention of the CUCM setting in CVP guides, but I have come across it in my experience as occasionally people in my company who are not familiar with call center will set the CUCM no answer timer and destination on an agent's phone, and it causes some very strange behavior. Usually it will give errors in Agent Desktop, though I don't recall the specific error.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks Jameson

It will be very helpful if you share me the link of the doc..

-Fazil

Fazil,

A Google search on "cvp config and admin guide" provides a link to this page:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

Please find the guide appropriate to your CVP version there.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi James,

Thanks for the link.

I need a favour from you. From many days we havent take back up of our UCCE and CVP configuration. Please let me know from where i can find how to take recovery back up of existing system.

I'm not able to find clear doc from Google.

Thanks in advances.

Fazil,

As far as I know, there's no built-in method for doing backups of UCCE and CVP. I believe the typical method for UCCE is to maintain a backup of the Windows registry and do regular backups of the AW/HDS databases. Not sure on the CVP portion, but I would at least maintain file backups of the audio for your prompts

I suggest you post this question on the Cisco contact center support forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/5926/contact-center

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi James,

Thanks, i have posted in cisco forum.

let hope for the answer.

And also while check the Database backup, i couldnt find any back up schedule is running on ICM database for both HDS and AW.

If we run any schedule in ICM DB, it will affect the performance.?

Thanks

-Fazil

Fazil,

Any backup of data on the AW/HDS would not effect call routing performance since the Router processes should be on a separate server.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Hi Jameson,

Please find the attached screen shot, in which backup is getting scheduled for IPCC system.

Is this is enought to restore the IPCC system back to normal condition.(I mean once the IPCC system get down or crash at this point of time, these backup will help us to restore back.?)

Thanks in advance.