cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tales From The Crypt: Proxmox Chapter 6

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I moved my Proxmox server to a different mini-PC. This one is still a cheap mini-PC, but it's a bit more robust than the one I was using. I did this because I'm thinking of adding the pisense firewall to Proxmox. No matter. Here's what happened. I started work this morning and suddenly nothing was working. I looked at the mini-PC and the power was off. I suspect it either went to sleep or shut down after hours of inactivity. I did a little research online and found this as a potential solution:

sudo systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target hibernate.target hybrid-sleep.target

Now only time will tell if this fix works.

On a related note: When something like this happens, the dashy server runs, but dashy itself doesn't auto-start. There are a number of ways to make sure it auto-starts on boot, but I chose to add this line to crontab. Just run crontab -e which takes you into the crontab editor. Write a script that starts dashy and add a line like this (use your own script, mine is start-dashy.sh

@Reboot /path/to/script/start-dashy.sh

Reminder: I call this "Tales From The Crypt" because I have to keep my home office dark in order to combat Texas heat.

2 Replies 2

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The mini-PC is still up and running. Here's hoping that systemctl command fixed unwanted sleep/shutdown.

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@npetrele 

Has this been resolved?

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/