Build for Better Code Challenge

Surprising Technology Facts

Cisco U. Spotlight Registration

>> View previously featured conversations <<

VikasA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I see that when I connect to vpn to access viral sandbox , I get dns server as 10.10.20.100 but that server is not able to access internet on laptop. I know due to change in internet policy you are not allowing any lab device to not access internet but this should not apply to my laptop as I will be referring internet documents when building VIRL network in lab.

May be when I connect internet , you should give me public dns and have your internal dns for lab devices?

FYI ..

I did manually change my adapter settings to point dns to 8.8.8.8 but still internet was not working. I can resolve google.com with nslookup google.com 8.8.8.8 but I cant do ping -a google.com.I am fine when I disconnect vpn. May be you have to review dns server configured for vpn clients ?

I have reservation for next 4 days. Below is URL - devnetsandbox-us-sjc.cisco.com:20108

1 Comment
VikasA
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recently Completed Ideas