cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

active environments launched from this blueprint reached

andrewcode3
Level 1
Level 1

Unable to launch sandbox.  Trying to run Cisco modeling lab.  Get Limit for active environments launched from this blueprint reached.  Please try later.  I have been trying for 3 days, different time of days, no luck.  Any advice? 

48 Replies 48

I was replying to @Derek Cooke by using an incognito browser. The issue you mentioned/see has been advised by the sandbox team and is shown as all reservations are currently full for this Sandbox.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Noora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @jokearns1 . We're now 2 weeks later and I'm still getting Launch was Denied. Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed and/or a reservation system installed?

Hi, 

We have increased the capacity of CML labs  but we will never be able to fully meet demand for this particular lab. 
Noora, can you try scheduling again when you get a chance? You may pick up a lab now. 
Let us know how that goes.

Joe

All, 

CML capacity increased today again and the max reservation time reduced to 3 days. This should help. 

Joe 

Hi Joe, Thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately still no luck. I tried to access that lab for the last couple of days, doesn't matter what time of the day I tried but got the same result. It also doesn't let me schedule the lab. A pop-up window says 'Environment Launch was Denied.'

juanbh255
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue. My instance has been trying to terminate for 3 days now and I am unable to launch a new one. https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/DevNet/sandboxes/FtKpr3Vh1Fhf/simplified/quickAccess

ACI Simulator 6.0-20240123T12010757

@juanbh255 would suggest open or start a new thread with this information for support with your issue.

Hope this helps

So for the last 2 or 3 months that this has been occurring:

1) Has ANYONE been able to access Cisco Modeling Labs or any of the other environments available on DevNet?  

2) Does the message Launch was denied mean that there are no open slots at the time?  

3) Since there is no scheduler, do we have to keep hitting Launch throughout the day in the hopes of hitting it when a slot becomes available?

4) What do the other messages like There was a problem fetching your workflows mean?  Could it be related to our account and not the issue with DevNet Sandboxes?  

5) Could all of this be resolved by adding a scheduler and if so how soon could that happen?  

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your time and help.  And this has always been a great tool to use in the past.  But maybe it's time to give up on seeing this work as well as it did before.  

Thank you

1) I have. So far I've been able to grab 2 separate CML instances on different days.
2) Yes, if you get a message saying the launch was denied, you're getting that because all slots are occupied. At the time of writing, there are 30 slots.
3) Kindof, but I've gotten those CML spots by checking on the page at the right time of day (by pure chance)
4) I've only ever gotten the denied message on a consistent basis. There was another message, but that was when Cisco was in the process of transitioning over to the new platform.
5) I can't answer this question. I don't work for Cisco. Maybe a Cisco employee can chime in on this question. 

@msanghera6   Thanks for the reply.  It helps to know if it's really working for someone else.  Otherwise it feels like I'm just banging my head on the wall when it doesn't work.  I will keep trying.  It really is a great tool to use and I would hate having to forego using it.  Let's hope Cisco is able to resolve the issue soon. 

TexasNetworkHammer 

I will reach out to you 1-1 and see can we help. I realise booking can be hit or miss.

Hi Jokeams1, I'm preparing my CISCO ENCOR and failing to launch the free CML on sandbox since a week now at different time of the day. Please help me. 

Diskman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jokearns1 and all other managers regarding SANDBOX in Cisco, by honestly and frankly speaking, I think Cisco should consider to release those resources (VIRL qcow2 files) as you did before for free, for those who needs to do hands-on with ability to build labs for their own (either GNS3 or EVE-NG environments). It seems not so wise that Cisco restrains this authority as well as prompts all of us who may need to subscribe CML with paying really high expense (USD 349 per year for CCIE level), particularly so many new product models are developed and advancing in recent years. I'd like to inquire the possibility as I ask, thanks!

@Diskman the sandboxes are meant for use to go alongside the devnet learning labs, however the devnet team allow users/developer access to create their own workflows and designs (within limits) , this is one of the reason why getting a sandbox is hard as this is a free resource which many 3rd parties link their content/learning too or companies use to test environments/applications. The ask what you mention in not for the devnet/developer team to decide, if you want to discuss this and the use of free images, you would need to raise this with your Cisco account manager.

Hope this helps.

Cookedx6
Level 1
Level 1

This still seems to be an issues after a couple of months.   Do you plant to have a fix for this soon?

We are trying to use the PCCE systems and its always saying Blueprint max reached.