cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collaboration Sandboxes - DNS and IP Routing Issues

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The last two or three sandboxes I've spun up have had IP routing and DNS issues, making the sandbox nearly useless.

First and foremost, the CUCM servers are defined via FQDN, E.g., hq-cucm-pub.abc.inc, and so when I try to click the link to launch the Admin page for CUCM, it fails.  Or when I try to register my IP Communicator, it fails.  This is due to two reasons:

1) There is no DNS server given out via DHCP to my client upon connecting

2) There are two DNS search suffixes given to my client: cisco.com and gold.cisco.com, but the one which matters most: abc.inc, is not handed out to me.

The Windows workstations within the lab (E.g., 10.10.20.12) have the correct DNS settings, and therefore, have no issues with DNS.  If I manually edit the VPN adapter after connecting, and add the DNS server 10.10.20.100, and then add the DNS suffix abc.inc, I can then access the CUCM Admin page, and register my IP Communicator; though I shouldn't have to do that, and I didn't use to have to.  Something has changed.

Second to that, I am trying to write some API work, which requires the direct access of my VPN client (192.168.1.1) from the devices within the sandbox, but they are not able to do so.  I use to be able to run tools on my VPN client like and SFTP server, Web Server, etc., and have the CUCM server access my client directly.  Now, I cannot.  This is problematic for a few reasons, but namely, because I cannot do any IP Phone Services API work, since Jabber is the only softphone available on the workstations within the sandbox.  I need to run IP Communicator in order to work with the phone API.

I look forward to your reply.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony,

We chatted privately and the issue is fixed. We were supplying incorrect DNS and domain information for that pod for VPN connections.

If you see the issue again, let us know.

Regards,

Joe 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jokearns1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony, 

We supply domain suffix and DNS server IP through the anyconnect connection. You should not have to add this manually. What specific sandbox have you reserved? We can check it.

Joe  

Both of:
Collaboration 11.5
Unified Contact Center Express 11.6

crnewman
Level 5
Level 5

Which specific Collaboration Sandbox are you using?

Both of:
Collaboration 11.5
Unified Contact Center Express 11.6

Anthony,

We chatted privately and the issue is fixed. We were supplying incorrect DNS and domain information for that pod for VPN connections.

If you see the issue again, let us know.

Regards,

Joe