Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR1000V Can't be pinged through computer CMD

So I'm doing a laboratory activity that shows me an intro to the DevNet Sandbox. I am currently using the IOS XE on CSR and I reserved the lab and all. Properly connected to the vpn as well once the lab was setup. But I can't bring to ping the CSR1000V which has the ip address of 10.10.20.48 using cmd even when running as administrator. When I run putty however, i could access the CSR1000V and ping it as well ping the model Devbox I haven't done any changes to any of those and I'm wondering what could be the error, been days already that I've tried to troubleshoot it. The laboratory settings are in default no changes and I just can't ping the devices through cmd

2 Replies 2

Some sandbox's do not allow ICMP for security posture. As long as you can ssh to the router and devbox and use protocols such as HTTP/S and Netconf. You are good to go!

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

My problem is that my other lab activities require the use of python to connect to it, and I can't continue on with the laboratory activities unless I could connect to them properly