Views
Helpful
Replies

C300V Dynamic manifest fetch failure: Received invalid update manifest

oliverborgers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we suddenly get errors on our vESAs that they cannot communicate successfully with the update servers.

In the logs we see:

Mon Jan 16 09:21:03 2023 Debug: Network Participation: Attempting to connect to host: update-manifests.sco.cisco.com port: 443
Mon Jan 16 09:21:04 2023 Debug: Network Participation: Successfully connected to host: update-manifests.sco.cisco.com port: 443
Mon Jan 16 09:21:04 2023 Debug: Network Participation: Closed connection to host: update-manifests.sco.cisco.com port: 443
Mon Jan 16 09:21:04 2023 Info: Dynamic manifest fetch failure: Received invalid update manifest response

It looks as if the connection to the update host can be established successfully but the response is not correct.

Are there any known issues regarding the update servers?

We are currently running 14.0.2 and have planned to update to 14.2 shortly - but without update servers .....

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

update-manifests.sco.cisco.com port: 443  - check command level is this reachable.

Also noticed some users reported last 1 day same issue, contact TAC and see any issue around ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Using the telnet command we can establish a connection to update-manifests.sco.cisco.com on port 443 from the ESA command-line.

We ran into this too... pretty sure its this field notice.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/725/fn72502.html

When they released the field notice, I opened a TAC case and got new license files. A couple of weeks later I got a set from Cisco's automated TAC agent Sherlock.

Once I replaced the original replacement licenses with thenones Sherlock sent the errors stopped.

That sounds "good" - look like we have found the reason

Will see to get some new license files