Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Gateway C695

Hi 

I work for a Partner and for a Exisiting customer of IornPort appliance we have offered a 

C695 Appliances - 2 Nos and SMA 695 2 no as a pair, they have 30K Users on this system . They are also a ISP , they want to add their customer domains to a Similar Pair of C695& SMA695. 

they want to know How many Client domains they can add and what will be maximum Message flow per Min on this appliances . 

Please help with this information Urgently 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

let me try to put another twist on this questions.

A C695 can process about 11-12 messages a second assuming standard security features.

This gets you to between 38000 and 43000 messages an hour max per gateway

Our ESA supports > 1500 email domains so I am not too worried about this.

What worries me more is that I assume you split the C695 over multiple computer centers and ISP's.

Should one go down the remaining once will most likely not be able to handle all the load.

We see issue when we exceed 40-50  Mio messages a day.

You have now multiple options :

a) add two more C695 and split all domains via MX records across all appliances

b) add maybe virtual appliances as a fallback or DR system, some will say they are less powerfull, yes you will need many.

At least make sure you integrate the ESA with CEF logs into a SIEM so you can get a handle on the high volume you will get.

The two SMA's might help as well.

-Marc

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

that is the higher model cisco has. C695 for providers - make sure when you ordering, order correct interface, by default 1GB, but same mode you need to oder specific to 10GB interface.

most of the information already in the datasheet which covers providers network, you may conside more C695 with LB design for high availability, since provider network do required 100% uptime.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/cloud-email-security/datasheet-c78-742868.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hi 

Sorry .. i dont see in this Data sheet anything about the number of domains or Message flow /Min . 

the Data sheets only refers to 10000 or more users .. 

ofcourse they will have LB .. but per appliance or per SMA what is max supported ? 

I do not believe you get that information based on the domains, - 600 billion emails per day  ( do you have more than that per days to handle all your domains ?)

LB - i am more concerned ESA - since you get high availability, and give you more ability to increase the message queue, if you have. more than mentioned above message, so you can split your domain load across ESA.

SMA is just management box, its all how you manage, if you can have 1 or 2.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

let me try to put another twist on this questions.

A C695 can process about 11-12 messages a second assuming standard security features.

This gets you to between 38000 and 43000 messages an hour max per gateway

Our ESA supports > 1500 email domains so I am not too worried about this.

What worries me more is that I assume you split the C695 over multiple computer centers and ISP's.

Should one go down the remaining once will most likely not be able to handle all the load.

We see issue when we exceed 40-50  Mio messages a day.

You have now multiple options :

a) add two more C695 and split all domains via MX records across all appliances

b) add maybe virtual appliances as a fallback or DR system, some will say they are less powerfull, yes you will need many.

At least make sure you integrate the ESA with CEF logs into a SIEM so you can get a handle on the high volume you will get.

The two SMA's might help as well.

-Marc