cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email sent using my SMTP server to an email address hosted by or protected by CISCO does not appear in recipient's inbox folder (possibly blocked)

Acrolink
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to send an email using my SMTP server to an email address some-address@its.jnj.com but the email is not delivered and does not appear on the recipient's inbox folder. Inspecting the MX records for its.jnj.com indicate that this address is hosted at Cisco servers.

My SMTP server has good reputation and its IP address is not listed in any blacklist.

My question, how to debug this issue. How to ensure that emails sent using my SMTP server get delivered to email addresses hosted at Cisco.

Your help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

You use another email system to contact someone on their side and try to get a conversation with their IT group to figure out what's going on.

Cisco hosts the email security appliances but the customer configures all of the policies, so the customer can decide if what's going on with mail from you is what they want....

José L. Dávila
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello there,

As Ken mentions, you can try contacting the recipient's side and ask them to verify their connection logs, in order to confirm the connection from your SMTP server was not rejected by our initial filters.

You can ask them to take a look at your SMTP server hostname or IP address and confirm if they see anything on their side.

Let me know if this helps.

Best.

José L. Dávila