Views
Helpful
Replies

Extracting e-mails from quarantine

testing4tester
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was asked to perform a migration of part of our current solutions to IronPort. Some procedures we follow requires extracting and analysis of e-mail in IronPort quarantines. However, I'm unable to find any solution for that. We can't just release e-mail to recipient and downloading attachment doesn't fully meet our needs.

Is there any way to download\store e-mail from quarantine to local station in any e-mail like format (e.g. eml or msg)?

Thank you for your help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

The quarantines have an option when looking at the e-mail to send it to another user.  That way, the entire message can be review and attachments can be checked.  We do this all of the time in our environment.  We don't allow users to receive multimedia files.  We release them to our Tech Services area and they check to make sure that the user can open the attachment and then place it directly on their desktop.

View solution in original post

tester,

Releasing items from the Quarantine this way does keep all headers intact.  I just verified it from my Quarantine.  I see all previous headers of the email and the "new" headers from the release. 

Doug

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

The quarantines have an option when looking at the e-mail to send it to another user.  That way, the entire message can be review and attachments can be checked.  We do this all of the time in our environment.  We don't allow users to receive multimedia files.  We release them to our Tech Services area and they check to make sure that the user can open the attachment and then place it directly on their desktop.

Thank you very much, Doug. It helped me a lot. Just to make it clear - can the e-mail in quarantine be forwarded as an attachment in order not to change its headers?

tester,

Releasing items from the Quarantine this way does keep all headers intact.  I just verified it from my Quarantine.  I see all previous headers of the email and the "new" headers from the release. 

Doug

Thank you very much, Doug. Your answers were very helpful.