cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort Regular Expression Question

Amy Fowler
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a condition in a Content Filter that adds Disclaimer Text as its action.  I want the Content Filter to not add the disclaimer text if the subject line starts with re or fw with the condition being case-insensitive.  I have been messing with Subject Header settings in the condition by specifying that the Subject Header Does Not Begin With Re and then modifying the subject line on my test email to be "Re" but no joy - multiple disclaimers stack up on the bottom of my sent email message.  Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greetings,

I think this should be  possible however it is going to depend on how your adding the disclaimer to our messages. If your adding the disclaimer at the listener level then the filter action may not be a good choice in that it will not work correctly. You can check to see if your adding the disclaimer in the listener by going to to the network tab then select listeners. From there click on the name of the outbound listener. You should see options for disclaimer above and disclaimer below. If this is set up it could be the cause of your problem. 

If your adding the disclaimer in a filter then you should be able to do this by modifying the existing disclaimer filter. For simplicity you may even want to create 2 different filters. First a filter that says in the condition if subject header includes or starts with re for fw, then the action deliver final action. Below the filter a second filter that simply has the disclaimer being added as an action with no condition.

Christopher C Smith
CSE

Cisco IronPort Customer Support

View solution in original post

Greetings Claire,

To ignore case in regular expression, you can use (?i) preceding re|fw to ignore case. Hope this helps.

Jyothi Gandla

Customer Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greetings,

I think this should be  possible however it is going to depend on how your adding the disclaimer to our messages. If your adding the disclaimer at the listener level then the filter action may not be a good choice in that it will not work correctly. You can check to see if your adding the disclaimer in the listener by going to to the network tab then select listeners. From there click on the name of the outbound listener. You should see options for disclaimer above and disclaimer below. If this is set up it could be the cause of your problem. 

If your adding the disclaimer in a filter then you should be able to do this by modifying the existing disclaimer filter. For simplicity you may even want to create 2 different filters. First a filter that says in the condition if subject header includes or starts with re for fw, then the action deliver final action. Below the filter a second filter that simply has the disclaimer being added as an action with no condition.

Christopher C Smith
CSE

Cisco IronPort Customer Support

Thank you!!! I am not using a listener so I followed your advice in the 2nd paragraph and rather than trying to combine the condition with the action I created a 2nd condition that looks for re or fw and if found ignores any subsequent filters. Not certain why I can’t combine this condition with the disclaimer action – seems a rather roundabout way to do it but it’s working.

Do you know how to state the regular expression for re and fw that ignores case? Currently my regular expression is re|Re|RE|FW|Fw|fw

Thanks for your help!

Claire

Greetings Claire,

To ignore case in regular expression, you can use (?i) preceding re|fw to ignore case. Hope this helps.

Jyothi Gandla

Customer Support Engineer

Excellent!!  Thanks for your response Jyothi!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: