cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

migration to c360 steps

chmeehan0421
Level 1
Level 1

I just received two new c360 appliances that I will be moving to from the c300 appliance. Is there any "migration" guides or best practicing around moving your existing configuration to new hardware?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

2 Replies 2

robertrenner
Level 1
Level 1

hey chris,

i do this normally by just shuting down the old hw, and replacing it with the new one. Then i connect using the serial port and do a loadconfig. This normally works very well. But you have to make sure that the OS Versions are the same on the old and on the new HW. Please keep in mind that your local quarantine data will remain on the old HW and is not beeing transferred. As far as i know, there is no direct way to merge this data with the new appliances. A best practise or a migration guide should also be not available, that was my last info from april this year.

br,

rob

Hi Chris,

Everything Robert mentioned is a lot of what I would have provided as well,  Going from C300 to C360 is not that big a deal. Going the other direction to a smaller appliance would be a bit more complex.  Migrations are easier if your using Centralized Management in that in most cases after the initial network set up you can simply join the system to the cluster.  If the system are stand alone you can pretty much follow every thing Robert mentioned. Of course if you run into issues you can always contact us here at support.

• When downgrading from a C6xx to a C360, the quarantine sizes will need to be adjusted.
  • When migrating from/to C1xx any other platform, the number of interfaces change, so this is something to watch out for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding to an existing cluster

• Be able to validate the SSH host key of a machine in the cluster
  • Know  the IP address of a machine in the cluster and be able to connect to  this machine in the cluster (for example, via SSH or CCS)
  • Know the administrator password for the admin user on a machine belonging to the cluster.
  • Host should be able to resolve forward and reverse DNS lookup
    Christopher C Smith
    CSE
    Cisco IronPort Customer Support