Views
Helpful
Replies

POP3 Scanning using Ironport C360

AkashPhoenix
Beginner
Beginner

Hi all,

Is it possible to use Ironport for scanning POP3 mails. Kindly Suggest. What we mainly want to achieve is to block POP3 mails from a defined AD group.

Regards

Akash

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Roland Duhme
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Akash,
as I discussed with the ironport suppot one year ago, this is not possible. If you need this function there is a antispam box from Barracuda which can download messages via pop3, scan them and forward afterwards.
Regards Roland

View solution in original post

Roland Duhme
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Akash, the exact name is Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall 100. We dont use it for regular mail traffic, only instead as a workaround for the pop3 mail accounts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Roland Duhme
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Akash,
as I discussed with the ironport suppot one year ago, this is not possible. If you need this function there is a antispam box from Barracuda which can download messages via pop3, scan them and forward afterwards.
Regards Roland

Thanks for the update Roland. I would highly appreciate in case you can give me the exact name of the Barracuda device. Though thanks again for the prompt response.

Roland Duhme
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Akash, the exact name is Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall 100. We dont use it for regular mail traffic, only instead as a workaround for the pop3 mail accounts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: