Views
Helpful
Replies

Redirect Internal Mail From a Specific Domain

burton-chris
Level 1
Level 1

He everyone,

I've been messing with this all yesterday but I just cannot get it to work and yet it seems so simple...

I need to re route any outgoing mail sent from (lets say) @this-domain.com to an alternative IP address. I've used an outgoing mail policy with @this-domain.com as the affected sender and then set up a mail content filter which takes advantage of the send to alternate destination host action.

I tried setting the condition as envelope sender @this-domain.com and also left it blank, assuming the action would then affect all mail using this policy. However, on both occasions it has ignored the send to alternate destination host and gone straight to the usual IP. However I know it is using that policy from the trace and also it adds a footer so it is using the right policy.

I've read some similar posts on here regarding incoming mail but I can't seem to get it working for outgoing.

Thanks for any advice.

2 Replies 2

Donald Nash
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried using a message filter?

Redirect-internal-mail:

if (recv-listener == "OutboundMail" AND mail-from == "@this-domain\\.com$") {

alt-mailhost("alt.dest.server");

}

That's off the cuff, I haven't made any attempt to test it. I'm guessing at the receiving listener name of course. You do need to check for it, since you only want to do this for outbound mail.

++Don

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Chris,

simply use the content filter without any condition, the way you probably configured it is matching on an empty sender (bounce messages). AsyncOS does not require a condition for any filter, just an action, so if a condition is missing, everything matching the policy will trigger the filter.

Also, check message tracking/mail logs if the messages are actually outbound. Just to be sure.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: