Views
Helpful
Replies

SMA Certificat

ERIC LANGUILLET
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We use a Cisco M170 (SMA) release 8.3.6.

I'v got some questions about the certificat.

1/ Is it possible to install a certificat on a M170 ? It is possible (and easy) on ironport Email Appliance (C170) but can i do that on SMA ?

2/ If it is not possible to install a certificat, how can i approve the default certificat in IE ? The demo certificat is not trusted (according to IE). Even after approving the certificat from IE, it is still not trusted. As a consequence, our user see that the quarantine site "is not trusted".

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Enrico Werner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

the SMA only supports the certconfig CLI command. You cannot create CSR's on the SMA at all. For this simply create the CSR on the ESA and let it sign by a CA. Once you have the signed certificate you can load it into the SMA using certconfig. Also check this knowledge base article. You probably need to be logged in cisco.com in order to access the the article.

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Enrico Werner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

the SMA only supports the certconfig CLI command. You cannot create CSR's on the SMA at all. For this simply create the CSR on the ESA and let it sign by a CA. Once you have the signed certificate you can load it into the SMA using certconfig. Also check this knowledge base article. You probably need to be logged in cisco.com in order to access the the article.

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)