cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer old config files from old C150 to New C170

jhillenbrand
Level 1
Level 1

I exported the complete configuration from the old C150  and emailed it to myself without masked passwords.  I copied the file to my machine and logged into the new C170. System Administration --> Configuration File

Selected Load Configuration file from local computer.  I browsed to the file and seleted it and hit "load"

It failed on so many lines that just seemed incompatible with the new XML structure I just gave up.  I ended up doing it manually but would like to know if it is possible to accomplish the original task of importing that old config file?

4 Replies 4

jhillenbrand
Level 1
Level 1

This was resolved from another reply.  Turns out you cannot reaally load a configuration file from a c150.  Ports are different, slightly.  This is resolved

Thanks for your post. I'm doing the same this week and was told by a certain support organization you could do just that.

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

Curious if both ESAs were the same OS version when you did the procedure?

The dievices have different port settings and there are some large differences in the code.  You cannot transfer the entire config file but you can do it in sections.  Such as export your HAT config and import that to the C170. 

How I did it was hook a laptop directly to the new C170 on the management port and opened a wireless connection via browser to the live C150 and manually set all of my network configurations individually.