Views
Helpful
Replies

X-Rcpt-To in the Email Header

rwaqanitoga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A customer is requesting us to insert "x-rcpt-to" command in the email header to help in their email deliveries.

How can we enable this feature and what are the pros and cons?

Looking forward to your usual assistance.

Best Regards,

Ruveni

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Donald Nash
Level 3
Level 3

Um, wow. That's an odd request. They're asking you to put in the header exactly what you're already putting on the envelope. Why can't they just get it from the envelope?

A filter whose action is this:

Insert-header("X-rcpt-to", $EnvelopeRecipients)

should do the trick. It'll put all recipients on a single header, not multiple headers with one recipient each. I don't think you can do that.

EDIT: I should point out that messages with very large recipient lists can cause problems with this idea. There is a limit to the size of the headers in a single message, and a really long recipient list could exceed this limit. I don't know what the result would be, but it could result in the message being dropped.

++Don

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Donald Nash
Level 3
Level 3

Um, wow. That's an odd request. They're asking you to put in the header exactly what you're already putting on the envelope. Why can't they just get it from the envelope?

A filter whose action is this:

Insert-header("X-rcpt-to", $EnvelopeRecipients)

should do the trick. It'll put all recipients on a single header, not multiple headers with one recipient each. I don't think you can do that.

EDIT: I should point out that messages with very large recipient lists can cause problems with this idea. There is a limit to the size of the headers in a single message, and a really long recipient list could exceed this limit. I don't know what the result would be, but it could result in the message being dropped.

++Don

Thankyou Don,

Noted...

Regards,

Ruveni