cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP group management via Active Directory

olfuddyduddy
Level 1
Level 1

It's necessary to organize connector endpoints by their location within the Active Directory organizational unit structure in an automated fashion. Deployment documentation suggests group should be defined at the point of connector deployment. This method is too static and tedious within the confines of the AMP console. How can I mirror the AD OU structure within AMP console and apply policies according?

8 Replies 8

Wojciech Cecot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

Unfortunately AMP does not provide integration with Active Directory at the moment, however there is a script available, where you can sync Active Directory (LDAP) Groups with AMP groups, please take a look: https://github.com/Cisco-AMP/amp4e_ldap_tool

-Wojciech

Hello

Any update on this script or alternative? is it still working? , if you have further info about importing users/group from AD to private cloud please let me know.

appreciated!

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @olfuddyduddy,

you may ping me directly to open a Feature Request for you.

Greetings,

Thorsten

Is there an update for this feature? 

Hello,

Any update concerning AMP with AD integration, any soon feature. any ID of reference for the feature request to follow through channel too.

nino.renzi
Level 1
Level 1

Literally 3 years old and no updates on this.  so much for listening to customers.  

nino.renzi
Level 1
Level 1

and its 9/28/2023 a typical 0 response from Cisco on Clients needs.  has there been any update to get this implemented?  the no comments by Cisco and no movement on requests is just more indication of no desire to work for the customer.  as indicated the customer pays for a product, if the customer changes products the money will stop coming in, kind of like government which is paid by tax payers Cisco is paid by the customer so please make this happen ASAP.  

nino.renzi
Level 1
Level 1

March 5th 2024 no response from cisco, no activity, no integration, no nothing.  That is how a company treats its customers i guess, neglect, ignoring concerns, and apparently they just fired 4200 people in an effort to increase profits over people and customers.  smooth move exlax. I wished we would just move away from cisco, the support has turned to KB files, emails, and indefinite requests for diag packs that dont appear to get any results as i have to provide them on a daily basis.  utter garbage from Cisco CEO and its shareholders.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: