cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure ISE to use CAC

David Hild
Level 11
Level 11

I have a customer that requires for ISE to use the CAC cards as identification and authorization. We haven't been able to find much info on this except that it is possible. Can someone please point me to documentation that specifically shows how to configure ISE to use the CAC cards?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5

The CAC provides a user certificate to the endpoint. ISE doesn’t need any special integration for that functionality. From ISE’s perspective you treat it like any CA infrastructure. Import roots for trust and use those roots for authenticating. If the endpoint supports the CAC, then you should be able to use it for authentication.

George

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5

The CAC provides a user certificate to the endpoint. ISE doesn’t need any special integration for that functionality. From ISE’s perspective you treat it like any CA infrastructure. Import roots for trust and use those roots for authenticating. If the endpoint supports the CAC, then you should be able to use it for authentication.

George

What about logging into the admin console of the appliance using a CAC? This is a DOD requirement, and we cannot seem to get it to work.

james.king14
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering has this issue been solved?  Like the previous user there is no information about CAC usage for administrators.