Views
Helpful
Replies

Editing built-in Processes in Tidal

Aurecon Group
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I believe the best practice for making changes in built-in processes is to use extension points and not copying the processes and make them fully customizable, but I'm having problems with editing some activities and logics for example how should I add new XPath queries to Query ServiceRequestXML ?  Or how can I use Workflow.Query.ServiceRequestXML.Results.X in sub-processes (Extension Points) ? Also I need to set/change variables in the process which are not editable.

Tidal Enterprise Orchestrator 2.3.0.441

Content Update 5

Hotfix 10

Thanks,

Maz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

derevan
Level 4
Level 4

You would include your own Query ServiceRequestXML (XPath Query) activity in the extension point using the service target's extended target property, Cloud.Service.General.ServiceRequestXML. Remember that the service target is rich with data about the original request and is always available to you in the extension point.

Depending on the context and the specific extension point, variables are updated in one of two ways:

1) Via the service targets extended properties (which, by the way, you can extend further for your own needs in extension points to pass data from one extension point to another downstream in the same service).

2) Via input/output variables that accomodate passing data in and out. The external IP address assignment extension point is a good example of this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

derevan
Level 4
Level 4

You would include your own Query ServiceRequestXML (XPath Query) activity in the extension point using the service target's extended target property, Cloud.Service.General.ServiceRequestXML. Remember that the service target is rich with data about the original request and is always available to you in the extension point.

Depending on the context and the specific extension point, variables are updated in one of two ways:

1) Via the service targets extended properties (which, by the way, you can extend further for your own needs in extension points to pass data from one extension point to another downstream in the same service).

2) Via input/output variables that accomodate passing data in and out. The external IP address assignment extension point is a good example of this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: