cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TES 6.1.x - custom date format

Lumi Mihalcea
Level 1
Level 1

In 5.3.1. I was able to create my own custom dates. In 6.1 I create the format, click on Add Custom Format - click OK. When I go back to Variables - System Variables - System Date - Date Format I expect to see it in the list so I can select it, but it's not - I have to do all the steps all over again. Is this some kind of bug or is just me?     

3 Replies 3

Marc Clasby
Level 1
Level 1

I think this is a bug and the behavior seems different than 5.31

(I just installed and starting working with 6.1 the past couple of days)

CMD powershell.exe

PARAMS write-host JobParent JobName for and today minus one days is

You seem to be limited in custom format choices but I know how dates are supposed to be formatted after the variable number or sydate. TodayMinus1 is a calculated date variable

the output is correct but they you now have to remember to go back in and modify variables instead of selecting

Marc

Tech Support told me to download the latest hotfix TES_610_HotfixBundle_03062013.zip which fixes the issue with custom date format

Build  6.1.0.199 of TESPlugin and TESWebClient

CSCue31575:  6.1 Customer date formats do not persist

Problem    : When using Scheduled Date from Job run variables, the custom date formats that  you add do not persist. User has to re-enter the 'Add Custom Format' each time.  i.e. using format YYYYMMDD requires you to add that custom format every time  instead of being able to either free form in the 'Date Format' field like you  can on 5.3.1 client, or making it available from 'Date Format' drop down like it  did on 5.3.1 client.

Solution   : Now saving the newly defined custom date formats in user preferences so that  they can be available after the creation. these will added to all date type  variables.

Weird

I am going from base 6.1.0.133 release to the March bundle

After applying the bundle, according to the read me I think I should be at:

Master 6.1.0.198

Client Manager which I assume = TESPlugin and TESWebClient

From logs

Client Manager

Client Manager version: 6.1.0.138

Java version: 1.6.0_43

Java Virtual Machine version: 20.14-b01

TIDAL Enterprise Scheduler: version 6.1.0.189

Adapter Host: version 6.1.0.133

Client Manager version: 6.1.0.138

Master

TIDAL Enterprise Scheduler: version 6.1.0.189

Adapter Host

Adapter Host: version 6.1.0.133

Job Adapters

JDBC Adapter 2.1.0.192  <-- I don't see this in March bundle (is there another bundle?

All my other adapters seem to be correct based on readme.

Any tricks I am missing I replaced all the files in the appropriate area w/ services stopped and restarted