cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal 6.1 Repeating Job (SAME OCCURRENCE) "Completed Abnormally" does not repeat

crockettjj
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Tidal 6.1, can anyone explain if this scenario is correct?

We have a job which is part of a repeating occurrence. It repeats SAME ocurrence. When this job achieves a status of "Completed Abnormally" it does not successfully re-run automatically. We have a user which needs to log in to mark it as "Completed Normally" so the next occurrence of the run launches.

My question - is this normal behavior? We believe that this behavior just recently began occurring, but can't be 100% sure.

To the best of my recollection, when a job in a "REPEAT SAME OCCURRENCE" pattern "Completes Abnormally", this is a manual intervention unless a job event is configured to address this particular condition. Can anyone help me here?

2 Replies 2

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi crockettjj

This is normal behavior where by if a job repeating with the same occurrence, the next job iteration will not start unless it is addressed such as manually marking the job as completed normally or via job event. Note, this method often leads to a sliding time window.

It is when a job is repeating and running a new occurrence each time, the next job iteration will start at the scheduled time, but its behavior can be added under Job Options such as if job is running, then {Run Anyway | Skip | Defer Until Normal | Defer Until Complete }

BR,

Derrick Au

As Derrick mentioned, this is normal for the job not to continue running the next occurence.

If you need to re-run the job in the event of a failure, just do the following:

1) Create a new Job Event:

Event Name: JOB_RERUN_ON_FAILURE

Event Trigger: Job Completed Abnormally

Available Action(s): Select 'Rerun' (Set Maximum reruns, leave as default 0 for unlimited re-runs)

Associated Job(s): Select the desired job and click 'Add'

Then click OK to exit the dialog.

Now every time this job runs and fails, it will always re-run itself indefinitely (or to however many maximum reruns you configured).

Please let me know if that works!