Views
Helpful
Replies

2901 CME Installation

me.saadiqbal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have 2901 ISR G2, whihc I have pulled out of our store room, most likely it is not supported.

I am looking at getting this 2901 up as a CME 8.6. After refering to the CME & IOS Compatibility Matrix,

I know that I must have 8.6 CME and also that the ISR G2 is locked with 15.0 IOS, i.e. that I can boot the ISR G2 with 12.4.

Can anyone verify this.

I have a universal ISO on ISR G2, and it is giving me unrecognised command for any voice related command, eg, telephony service, max dn etc.

This is my main convern, I would like to know if this is a licenseing issue ? The new licenseing way introduced in ISR G2, where all the commands are pre-installed in the ISO, but only those commands or features will be enabled which licenses have been purchased.

Regards,

Saad,

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As often asked:

You need UC license to run CME on ISR G2.

You can also self-activate a temporary license.

All details you can find with a simple search in documentation, or forum.

Hi Paolo,

Could you tell us more about temprary licenseing,

Thanks,

Saad,

mohammed iqbal wrote:

Hi Paolo,

Could you tell us more about temprary licenseing,

Thanks,

Saad,

As indicated above: you can search, for example "ISR G2 evaluation license", and find all the answers you need.

me.saadiqbal
Level 1
Level 1

When I do show license, this is what I get,

2901#show license

Index 1 Feature: ipbasek9                      

Period left: Life time

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Medium

Index 3 Feature: uck9                          

Period left: Not Activated

Period Used: 0  minute  0  second 

License Type: EvalRightToUse

License State: Not in Use, EULA not accepted

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: None

slashdots
Level 1
Level 1

You must accept the end user agreement by enter "license accept end user agreement" at the config promt.

For more details follow this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/sw_activation/SA_on_ISR.html#wp1155517

thanks slashdot!

I have accepted the end user license, but still I am s till not able to give any telephony related command!

Any idea whats happening here? and why?

mohammed iqbal wrote:

thanks slashdot!

I have accepted the end user license, but still I am s till not able to give any telephony related command!

Any idea whats happening here? and why?

As explained in my first reply above.

Hi There,

The command,

step1.#license boot module technoogy-package

Note: Module-Number could be c2900 or c3900 or any other ISR G2 router module number.

Package-Nmae could be seck9(for security) or UCk9(for unified communications)

then, we need to Accept the End User Agreement,

step2. license accept end user agreement

Step 3: is #reload

this will turn on the telephony service commands on any ISR G2

Regards,

Saad,

Just follow the documentation. If doen;t work, report back with details.

Hi Paolo Bevilacqua,

The command which I was looking for was:

1. license boot module   technology-package

eg for the above syntax would be;

#license boot module c2900 technology-package uck9

2. license accept end user agreement.

3. reload.

this let me go to any telephony service commands,

thanks,

Nice to hear.

To help others find this answer fast, please mark this thread as answerd, and may rate helpfull posts.

Hi Slashdot,

I am not able to select my own post as correct answer, if you could select my post as correct answer good.

If I must do it, then could you post what I posted again, which I may select as correct asnwer,

thanks,

Hi There,

I am again having problems with CUCME installation.

1. I am not able to use the archive tar /xtract command, for the complete CUCME file, i.e.  cme-151-4Mv1, this is a winrar file. I have tired many times but failed to copy this file from the tftp to the flash while extracting it on the fly. Can anyone adivse how I can do that. Howeve, I have extracted this file and then used the same archive tar /xtract command for each winrar file inside it to be copied, while being extracted, to the to the flash. I would like to confirm if there is a way to do this. I have tired to extract all the files into one folder and then zipped that , thinking that there might be a condition that the zipped file shuold not contain more zipped fiels inside it, but this also does not work. It continues to give the same eroor, no such directory or file found.

I would like to just use this archive command once and get the files neatly distributed and copied into relative folders inside the flash, i.e with out littering the flash with all the files.

There is no automatic way. You will have to extract only the files you need, and copy or 'archive tar' to the router.

You should be using ftp instead of tftp, as it's faster.