Views
Helpful
Replies

3 digit and 4 digit internal dialing reclusion

jamesleewright
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Currently, my communicaitons manager is set up for 4 digit internal dialing. However, I want to create a new phone group on the same server that uses 3 digit internal dialing. I do not want the 4 digit dialing group to be able to dial the 3 digit group and vice versa.

I am wondering if somone can recommend a solution. I was thinking about creating a new Calling Search Space for the 3 digit group and a new partion (with highest priority) for the 3 digit phones and not including the 3 digit partition in the 4 digit calling search space.

Do you think that would work for the proposed situation or can you recommend something else. I'd apprecaite anyone's advice.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

kindly create 2 partitions for the internal extensions, one for 4 digit extensions and the other for 3 digit extensions. then you can create 2 calling search .
I recommend to avoid overlapping choose 3xx and 4xxx for example.

HTH
Anas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

This suggestion above is valid and should address CUCM side assuming no other patters are in the same partition as the phones, if that is not the case then you may have to tweak those as well.

You also have to consider other apps that you may have, i.e. Unity Connection, voice GW, SRST failover, etc, etc and make appropriate changes on those and in the CUCM integration, i.e. VM Profile mask.

HTH,

Chris