Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 SIP Trunk and QoS

After setting up my trunk and getting settled, I would like to see about prioritizing traffic if any way on our VOIP services.

We have a Comcast Business Class connection utilizing 23 Mbps, of course this is shared with data as well.

Our current config is:  DOCIS 3 Modem > 3825 Router > 16 port Layer 2 TP-Link Switch, and out to jacks.

We use CAT 6 all around. Our provider is VOIP.MS though SIP trunk.

Nothing has been configured right now, but I do notice that when calling the AA and some calls it seems a little muddled or slow to respond.

We are using Ulaw for all connections, both TCP (Exchange AA/ VM) and UDP (Voip.MS).

I can pop config here is you all need it, but any recommendations?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not much that you can do with QoS on the internet. You would need a config with nested policies, shaping first and priorty nested. And that would be working on the outbound traffic only, as there isn't really nothing that you can do for inbound.

Anyway if you want to proceed you can read doc or search the forum, as there are many threads on the subject already.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is not much that you can do with QoS on the internet. You would need a config with nested policies, shaping first and priorty nested. And that would be working on the outbound traffic only, as there isn't really nothing that you can do for inbound.

Anyway if you want to proceed you can read doc or search the forum, as there are many threads on the subject already.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: