cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party source for 7925G wireless phones

jamize
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a successful 3rd party company to purchase CP-7925G wireless phones from?  We have been using the new 8821's and have had continued problems with them dropping connection, draining the batteries, etc.  We are working with Cisco to try to resolve the problems with the 8821's, however, we need a temporary solution to provide wireless phones.

Thanks,

Jeff

4 Replies 4

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Question would be how many are needed. If they are around upto 20, then I would prefer eBay (plz make sure you check their feedback ratings) and in my dealings with eBay the vendors on eBay have been great. (I buy mostly for my home labs).

HTH

Kumar - We are working with Cisco TAC to try to resolve the issue with the 8821's.  Unfortunately we are not sure how long our customers will allow us to wait before they have us remove and replace with something that does work.  We have had no complaints from the 7925 users.

We finally got the 8821's working.  It took several Firmware upgrades from TAC to resolve but they are now working properly.  We had to use the following firmware version:

sip8821.11-0-3-69

Thanks,

Jeff

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

But the question is how can you make sure you dont resurface issues with 3rd party phones. I believe your backend infra will be with Cisco and may be it could an issue with it (Call drop). Better to deal with Cisco and get it rectified as you are already invested. Involve you Account Manager and get it done with TAC

Regards

Ratheesh