cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4.13 to 7.15b DMA with VMware

michaeljbyrne
Level 1
Level 1

I know 7.1 is not supported on vmware but I am only doing this to clean up some device/line settings before moving them to my new cluster thats built.

Issue is everytime the cucm 7.1 pub in vmware tries to get the dma file it says there is not patch file to get.

I tried 2 different ftp/sftp programs

My dma validation is succesful

worst case I have hardware that I can spin up real quick.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Michael,

Indeed not supported - and you might run into problems with licensing if you want to use this VMware platform to go to later releases. Starting from release 9.1.2 you will have the jump-upgrade which allows you to install 7.1.5 (or 6.1.5 for that matter) in a virtualized environment - just for the upgrade. This is not available today though.

For your question, it looks to me you selected to apply a CUCM software patch as part of the installation process, and the system is asking/looking for that patch. That's why it doesn't find it obviously as you want it to read your DMA. You select this step (to apply a patch after installation yes/no) during the initial setup before CUCM starts the installation. Probably easiest to re-install from scratch and make sure you select No for that, only select to import your DMA.

Gert

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hey Michael,

Indeed not supported - and you might run into problems with licensing if you want to use this VMware platform to go to later releases. Starting from release 9.1.2 you will have the jump-upgrade which allows you to install 7.1.5 (or 6.1.5 for that matter) in a virtualized environment - just for the upgrade. This is not available today though.

For your question, it looks to me you selected to apply a CUCM software patch as part of the installation process, and the system is asking/looking for that patch. That's why it doesn't find it obviously as you want it to read your DMA. You select this step (to apply a patch after installation yes/no) during the initial setup before CUCM starts the installation. Probably easiest to re-install from scratch and make sure you select No for that, only select to import your DMA.

Gert

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Please rate helpful posts

You were right ... thanks

I was getting ahead of my self I guess +5 rating for you