Helpful
Replies

6941 Rejected in CUCM

Justin Hale
Level 1
Level 1

hi All,

Im running CUCM 8.0.3

Some users reported their phones stoped working. In CUCM the phones in question have a "Rejected" Status.

i check RTMT and also see them Rejected and the apparent reason is "AuthenticationError".

i just reset a previously registered phone, and now it also has the same Status of rejected.

has anyone seen this before

16 Replies 16

Hi

As you mentioned you updated the phones using phone load , and it is ok . So when you will use to upgrade , you have to choose which way  for upgrading (device default or phone load) . Any way let 's try to do the same (phone load & device default) , i hope to solve this issue by any method.

Thank you

Please rate if this will help

i have about 50 phone affected at a site which we recent decommishioned, however the phones are still there.

The only way I can shutdown the phones is by cutting off PoE. however, it seems simply rebooting them is not making them come back up with the correct firmware. according to a local source, the phone jsut displays "Cisco" on the screen then just sits there.

Ido still see timestamps in RTMT when these phones are trying to register and getting "AuthenicationError" as the rejection status.

any got an idea's to fix these phones remotely, getting someone to factory reset them all locally will be a nightmare

Thanks kindly