cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6945 phone forwarded, log out, log in display does not indicate forward still enabled

Hi

My first post on here as a newb so here goes...

We are running CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9 and Cisco 6945 phones are behaving strange when call forwarding to voicemail or another extension and then logging off of the phone. When logging back into the phone the display does not indicate that any call forwarding is enabled but if you call the phone it is still forwarding (enabled). The phones are running firmware SCCP 9.3.1.3 or SIP 9.3.1.5. I have trawled around in here but cannot find a similar problem or anything on the firmware release notes for 9.3.x.

Any advice or info would be great and kindly received.

Thank you

Jay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay,

I just tried downgrading my phone to SCCP 9.3.1.3 and got the same problem you were having so it looks like the firmware upgrade should resolve the issue.

Looking at the bugs checked into the versions between 9.3.1.3 and 9.3.3.2, I couldn't find anything that seemed to match.  It's not uncommon for phone firmware to add feature enhancements between firmware versions that aren't tracked by bug ID's though so that explains why you weren't able to find anything in the release notes.

Thanks,

Brian

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Jay,

Does this work okay on other phone models for you?

Brian

Hi Brian

Thank you for the reply. I have tested it with 7961 / 8961 and display works correctly. I am thinking it is an issue with the 6945 phone / firmware not CUCM.

KR

Jay

Jay,

I just tested this in my lab with CUCM 9.1.1.10000-11 and running SCCP 9-3-3-2 on my 6945.  I logged into extension mobility and did a call-forward-all.  I then logged out then logged back into the same phone and it still showed the Call-forward information.  It shows "1050 To 1011" with the forwarding icon.

Can you try putting SCCP 9.3.3-2 on one phone and test?

Thanks,

Brian

Jay,

I just tried downgrading my phone to SCCP 9.3.1.3 and got the same problem you were having so it looks like the firmware upgrade should resolve the issue.

Looking at the bugs checked into the versions between 9.3.1.3 and 9.3.3.2, I couldn't find anything that seemed to match.  It's not uncommon for phone firmware to add feature enhancements between firmware versions that aren't tracked by bug ID's though so that explains why you weren't able to find anything in the release notes.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian

Thank you for taking the time to downgrade your firmware and test. I appreciate your help.

I am out on-site now but will upgrade my test 6945 tomorrow, give it a go and let you know. I will update you on here.

Thanks again Brian

Hello again Brian

I have tried to upgrade a test 6945 to 9.3.3.2-SR1 AND the non-SR1 version but unfortunately the phone fails to register and then reboots and rolls back to the previous firmware. I believe on investigation this is because I am using

CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9 and device pack as of the CUCM 8.6 release. I am unable to upgrade to cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.23047-1.cop.sgn (device pack) as we cannot restart our cluster (we are a hospital environment).

I think I have reached a dead end for the time being on this issue.

However I would like to thank you again for putting yourself out and providing a valid solution to my request. Kudos to you sir you are a very helpful chap and definately provided help above and beyond the norm.

Have a good day and cheers

J

Yea, 9.3.3 started including security by default on the 6945s so it's going to be asking for a signed config file which you won't be able to generate on CUCM without the device pack install.  Good luck on hopefully getting a maintenance window!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

I agree with Jay wholeheartedly! Testing this in your lab to find a solution

is really going above & beyond +5

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley