cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7821 pickup fails when Auto CallPickUp disabled

pedroferreras
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i'm running CUCM version 11.0.1.2, 7821 phones can't pickup a call when service parameter  "Auto Call Pickup" is disabled; all other phones on the system works fine. Original firmware version was sip78xx.11-0-1-11, i upgraded to  sip78xx.11-5-1-18 but it didn't solve the problem.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you referring to pickup group calls or normal calls?

This parameter has impact on how calls delivered to another phone can be answered if this phone is in common pickup group or other pickup group where one simply presses pickup softkey vs. pickup + answer. Here is good explanation:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsgd-712-cm/fscpickg.html#wp1054419

Solved, i think i'm affected by bug CSCva71953, although my version is not listed under the affected ones. As workaround, you need to configure a directory uri under dn page.

Bug description:

CallPickup not working for phones sending hostname in INVITE-From header
CSCva71953
Symptom:
Call pickup not working with the SIP phones.
In the CCM logs, the SIP phone sends the hostname (of the node that its registered to) in the From Header of the SIP Invite.
Workaround:
Configure a Directory URI on the Directory Number configuration page on each line assigned to a SIP phone using the call pickup feature.

This Directory URI can be anything as this changes the calling type to blended versus a DN only type call.