cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7841 IP phone stop on blank screen

ababacarsadikh
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 7841  ip WhatsApp Image 2022-09-06 at 14.01.14.jpegphone, now the problem is when the telephone is started, it stops on a white screen and the led on the handset is still red I activated my dhcp server in option 150 but the phone has no address

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your DHCP is not working, you need to fix that if you want the phone to work, and I'm assuming everything in the call control is already properly configured for the phone to register, which you don't mention anything about.

You can also try manually configuring the IP configuration in the device to test the device itself.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thank you for the answer, for the phone I can't get the interface to configure the address manually because the phone does not start

scoffman
Level 1
Level 1

How about trying a factory reset on the phone? I've had several refurbished phones that would get stuck like that and performing a factory reset cleared the issue. I believe there was a hand configured setting that overrides any option the DCHP server tries to hand out. (i.e. FTP server address)

I've already tried but it doesn't work, I can't reset it because the phone at startup hangs on the white screen

I tried this reset method :

Press and hold #, power cycle the phone
When an LED starts to flash, release #, and enter:
• Hard Reset (format flash): 3491672850*#

The phone will display Upgrading and erase its configuration.

Have you tried the factory reset method using the keypad?

Step 1  Unplug the phone:
  • If using PoE, unplug the LAN cable.
  • If using the power cube, unplug the power cube.
Step 2  Wait 5 seconds.
Step 3  Press and hold # and plug the phone back in.
Step 4  When the light on the Mute button and handset light strip turns off and all other lights (Line button, Headset button, Speakerphone button, and Select button) stay green, press 123456789*0# in sequence.
When you press 1, the lights on the line buttons turn red. The light on the Select button flashes when a button is pressed.
After you press these buttons, the phone goes through the factory reset process.
If you press the buttons out of sequence, the phone powers on normally

Best video I found that demonstrates how to perform the procedure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auce4I4Lpao