Views
Helpful
Replies

7906 and plantronics m12

gerard van rij
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have found a plantronics m12 headset which I want to use with my 7906. Is there a way answer a telephone call without lifting the horn?

regards,

Gerard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gerard,

Because the 7906G does not have built-in headset capabilities (no headset amplifier or headset button) the handset must be off hook to connect the audio stream. Most people who use the setup with the M12- Amplifier Kit and chosen headset just leave the phone off hook during the business hours and use soft keys to End call or New call. Have you looked at using Cordless headset and handset lifter to accomplish what you are looking for funtionally? The cost $$ is only a little more. Have a look at the Plantronics CS50 Cordless headset with lifter kit;

http://www.plantronics.com/canada/en_US/products/cat29880043/cat29880043/prod5210004

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gerard,

Because the 7906G does not have built-in headset capabilities (no headset amplifier or headset button) the handset must be off hook to connect the audio stream. Most people who use the setup with the M12- Amplifier Kit and chosen headset just leave the phone off hook during the business hours and use soft keys to End call or New call. Have you looked at using Cordless headset and handset lifter to accomplish what you are looking for funtionally? The cost $$ is only a little more. Have a look at the Plantronics CS50 Cordless headset with lifter kit;

http://www.plantronics.com/canada/en_US/products/cat29880043/cat29880043/prod5210004

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dear Rob,

but if I unhook the telephone, I cann't recieve telephone calls... and it is waiting for you to dial a number...

regards,

gerard

edit: fixed needed to "Disable Speakerphone"

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: